top of page

Frequently Asked Questions


1. Where is the Sheriff’s Office located and what are the hours of operation?

Custer County Sheriff’s Office is located at 702 Rosita Avenue, Westcliffe, CO 81252.  The office is staffed 24-hours a day 7-days a week, however the reception/records window is open Monday through Friday 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.

2. How can I get a copy of a police report?

Print out and complete the Records Request form.                                            The Records Request forms are accepted in person, by fax, by e-mail or by regular mail. The Records Technician will contact you regarding payment and delivering the report.

Accident reports can be purchased online at

3. How do I file a police report?

Come in to the Sheriff’s Office and speak to a receptionist during business hours. You’ll be asked to fill out a statement form that will be forwarded to a Deputy. You may also call us directly on our non-emergency line at (719) 783-2270 ext. 1 to have a Deputy meet with you at your location within Custer County.

4. What types of payment does the Sheriff’s Office accept?

The Sheriff’s Office accepts cash, money orders and personal checks. You can also go to for credit options.

5. Is there a cost for police reports?

The costs for reports are as follows:  $5.00 for the first 10 pages, $0.25 per page over 10 pages.  CD/DVD $10.  The victim of a crime is entitled to one copy of the initial report at no cost.

6. I received a citation from a Deputy, how can I find out what my fine will be?

Contact the Custer County Treasurer’s office at (719) 783-2341, or the Court at (719) 783-2274.

7.  I am an insurance agent, how can I obtain a copy of an accident report?

Accident reports can be purchased online at

8. Does your department do fingerprints?

Yes. Custer County Sheriff’s Office provides fingerprinting services for non-criminal fingerprints for job applications, child care, teaching, liquor license, real estate, etc.  You may contact the Sheriff's Office at 719-783-2270 Ext 2 or 3 to arrange this.

9. Is there a way to get an Deputy to check on my house while we are on vacation?

Yes. Our House watch program is now online and you can access it at 

10. Does the Sheriff’s Office do VIN inspections?

Yes.  Call dispatch at (719) 276-5555 ext. 8

11. What do I need to bring with me for someone to take my fingerprints for a criminal history check?

You need to bring a valid, government-issued photo ID. The fee is $10.00. Fingerprinting is by appointment only, Call (719) 783-2270 ext. 3.

12. When will my police report be ready for pick it up?

It usually takes 5-10 business days for the report to be processed.

13. When will my accident report be ready for online purchase?

It usually takes 5-10 business days for the report to be processed.

bottom of page